The Island Energy website and any future electronic communication sites (electronic communication sites) have been developed to improve communications and customer service. Use of these electronic communication sites by the public is voluntary and subject to State and Federal laws. The following policies also apply:
• The Island Energy electronic communication sites are maintained to provide access to Island Energy information. While Island Energy attempts to keep its information accurate and timely, Island Energy neither warrants nor makes representations or endorsements as to quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, hyperlinks, and other items contained on these sites. Materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice from Island Energy as a result of updates and corrections. Otherwise, legally permissible commercial use of the electronic material is prohibited without the written notice of Island Energy.
• The Island Energy electronic communication sites and all material contained on them are transmitted “as is” without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitations, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Island Energy is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the sites and/or the materials contained on the sites whether the materials contained on the site are provided by Island Energy, or a third party.
• The Island Energy electronic communication sites may contain links to external sites that are not under the control of Island Energy, and Island Energy is not responsible for the content of any hyperlinked site or any link contained in a hyperlink site. The presence of these hyperlinks should not be construed as an endorsement by Island Energy of these sites or their content. Island Energy is not responsible for the content of any such external hyperlink.
• The materials on the Island Energy’s electronic communication sites are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of any material on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. All service marks and trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. Any commercial use of the materials stored on the Island Energy’s electronic communication sites is prohibited without the written permission of Island Energy. Island Energy retains copyright on all text, graphic images, and other content.
• Communications made through Island Energy’s electronic communication sites shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to Island Energy or any of its officials, officers, employees, agents or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against Island Energy or any of its officials, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to Island Energy is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations.
• The Island Energy’s electronic communication sites are subject to the California Public Records Act and other laws. Any content that is related to Island Energy’s business, including a list of subscribers and posted communication (with certain exceptions), is a public record and may be discloseable pursuant to a request for public records. Information posted by the public, including private messages, may also be considered a public record and subject to California Public Records Act and other laws. Any articles and any other content posted or submitted for posting may be or are subject to public disclosure upon request. Requests for public records must be directed to the Island Energy’s Public Information Officer (PIO).
• www.islandenergy.com is the official Island Energy website.
- Visitors to the Island Energy’s electronic communication sites are notified that the intended purpose of the sites is to serve as a means of communication between the Island Energy and members of the public. Site articles, posts and comments deemed to contain any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed and shall be removed as soon as possible:
+ Profane language or content
+ Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation or upon any other basis prohibited by applicable law
+ Sexual content or links to sexual content
+ Solicitations of commerce
+ Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
+ Information that may comprise the safety or security of the public or public systems
+ Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any person
+ Any content that is deemed to violate State or Federal laws
• Posts on the TDPUD’s electronic communication sites will be deleted if they were made in error, are substantially incorrect, or against policy. Repeat violators may be blocked from the site.
• Please be aware that, when the public posts to the Island Energy’s social media sites, the Island Energy disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any and all content in such posts, including materials that the Island Energy deems inappropriate for posting, which cannot be removed in an expeditious and otherwise timely manner.
• The Island Energy’s electronic communication sites will generally be updated during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 7:30AM – 4:00PM), unless in an emergency. Every attempt will be made to respond promptly to questions and inquiries. If an immediate response in needed, please contact the Island Energy directly.
• The public should not include any confidential personal information (such as account numbers, financial information, etc.) in any posts or electronic communications.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy and Security
Your privacy is important to us. Island Energy has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to privacy and the security of your personal information. The following information explains our policy regarding any personal information you may supply to us when visiting the Island Energy electronic communication sites.
Island Energy’s goal in collecting personal information electronically is to provide our customers and the public with the most effective service possible. By understanding your needs and preferences, Island Energy will be in the better position to provide you with improved service. Our goal is to protect your electronic information in the same manner that we protect citizen and business information obtained through other means.
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Personal information we collect from you and store in our databases / servers:
1. Your first and last name
2. Your email address
3. Your phone number
What We Do to Secure Your Information
We store your personal information in databases in servers located behind a firewall in order to protect against the unauthorized access to, or the compromise of, information contained on our servers.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, you should know that in the present technological environment, no security measures are perfect, and that neither the Island Energy, nor any other Internet site, can fully eliminate these security risks.
Should there be an unauthorized access or suspected compromise of your personal information on our servers, we will immediately notify you through a written letter or other means so that you will be able to quickly take steps to prevent possible identity theft.
On certain occasions, we may request your email address for purposes of correspondence or for Island Energy business. Island Energy will not share email addresses with anyone outside Island Energy or disclose user information to any third party, unless done so pursuant to applicable law, including but not limited to the California Public Records Act or under a court order.
Island Energy does not release any information about the collection of IP addresses to any third party except as required by law. Island Energy’s website archives web server log files in order to create aggregate statistical reports, detect errors at the website, and implement security protocols. Aggregate reports about website visitors are generated. These reports do not contain any personally identifiable information. The web log files are eventually deleted.
In the future, Island Energy may use the personal data provided online to send you information about Island Energy’s services and upcoming activities. We will neither sell nor provide your personal information for any other direct mail activities, unless under court order.
Other Electronic Communication Sites
Island Energy’s electronic communication sites may contain links to other electronic communication sites; Island Energy is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such electronic communication sites.
Contacting the Island Energy electronic communication sites
995 Walnut Ave
Vallejo, CA 94592
ELECTRONIC BILL PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By signing up for electronic communications with Island Energy, you consent to receive all communications relating to your Island Energy account in electronic form when you utilize electronic bill payment through a third party service. The communications covered by your consent include your billing statement, your utility usage data, any disclosure required by federal or state law and any modifications to the contract that governs your account or related change in terms notices. Communications may include your name and some information about your account, including your utility usage data, balance or the due date. Electronic communications may be disclosed to any party with access to your electric or e-mail account or hardware or software used to view your electric or e-mail account. Any legally required insert that would not be available electronically will be sent to you by U.S. mail.
By signing up for electronic communications at this website, you confirm that you can receive and access electronic communications.
How to Withdraw Your Consent
After your request has been submitted, if you want to withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications, you may unsubscribe by accessing the web page of the third party bill payment service of your bank or other financial service provider.
We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to electronic communications. However, you will not be able to receive your Island Energy billing statements and any inserts electronically if you do not consent to receive electronic communications. Any withdrawal of your consent to electronic communications will be effective only after there has been a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal request.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access and retain electronic communications, you must have the following:
• SSL-Enabled web browser such as Netscape 4.0, AOL 4.0 or Microsoft Explorer 4.0 (or later versions);
• a personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of supporting the foregoing; and
• sufficient electronic storage capacity on your hard drive or other data storage facility, or a printer that is capable of printing from your Internet browser and e-mail software.
Paper Copies of Communications
Upon your request we will provide you with a paper copy of a communication Island Energy provided electronically.
Communications in Writing
All communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered “in writing”. You should print or download a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Electronic Communication and any other communication that is important to you.
When you elect to stop paper statements, payments must still be received by Island Energy on or before the due date on your billing statement. You can do this through an electronic bill pay service (through our website or using a third party service or bank); by phone at 1-888-480-9712 to pay with debit card, credit card or electronic check; mailing your payment to us at the address shown on the electronic billing statement; or by delivering your payment to the counter or night deposit box at 11570 Donner Pass Road. Failure to receive paper or electronic billing statements does not relieve you of your responsibility to pay your bill before the due date.
Updates to Your Records
You agree to promptly update your electronic mail address and other contact information if a change occurs.
If e-mails advising you of the availability of statements are returned to us, we may cancel your enrollment and resume sending you paper statements in the mail. If this happens, you will need to re-subscribe to receive electronic communications with updated information.
We will make every effort to ensure our e-mail notifications are properly listed with all SPAM filter agencies. However, you are responsible for ensuring that any SPAM filters recognize e-mail originating from us. If you fail to receive e-mail notifications and/or electronic billing statements from us after enrolling for electronic communications, please check with the provider of your e-mail account and/or the SPAM filter associated with your e-mail account. Failure to receive email notifications and/or electronic billing statements does not relieve you of your responsibility to pay your bill before the due date.
We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to stop providing you with electronic billing statements and provide you paper statements if your account is not maintained in good standing.