Island Energy is constantly looking for new ways to improve the service we provide for our customers. We encourage our customers to give feedback on how we can be of better service. Click to view the Residential Rate Summary
- Low Income Residential Electrical Service Program- This program is designed to provide discounted electric rates to low income families to assist with their utility bills. Eligible residential customers will receive a 20% discount on utility charges. Program qualification and applicability are shown in Section 23.6 and Rate Schedule N of Island Energy’s Tariff. This program is funded through the Public Benefits Fund.– – Click to download the application. <
- Medical Residential Electrical Service Discount Program- This program is designed for residential customers who require certain medical life support devices to sustain life or relied upon for mobility. The medical devices must be used at home within Island Energy’s service territory and run on electricity supplied by Island Energy. Eligible residential customers will receive a 20% discount on utility charges. The medical residential discount program is funded through the electric rate. Program qualification and applicability are shown in Section 26 and Rate Schedule M of Island Energy’s Tariff.– – Click to download the application.
- Appliance Efficiency Rebate Program- By installing any of the following ENERGY STAR appliances, you can lower your energy use, control your utility bill and receive rebates. –Click to Apply Online or Click to download & print the application
- Solar Incentive Program- Island Energy offers rebates for installing solar photovoltaic (“PV”) generation on your home. The incentive program also includes a buyback provision where excess electricity generated during any month can be used to offset electrical bills during the subsequent 12 months. The total solar generation capacity installed on Mare Island far exceeds the 5% threshold of Island Energy’s coincident peak load. As a result, Island Energy will no longer accept Solar Incentive Applications into the Net Energy Metering Program. The successor program of the Net Energy Metering program will become effective on July 1, 2016. Customers who currently participate in the NEM Program are not affected by this change Click the links below for more information or to apply.
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle Program- Click to Apply
- Seal all gaps and cracks around fixtures.
- Use roof caulk to seal flashing around fixtures around chimneys, skylights, rooftop vents and plumbing risers.
- Reduce temperature of water heaters.
- Lids should be kept on when cooking in kitchen.
- Refrigerators should not be kept open longer than necessary.
- Allow warm food to cool before placing it in the refrigerator.
- Close curtains at dusk to prevent heat loss.
- Insulate hot water tanks and pipes as much as possible to minimize radiation heat loss.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with high efficiency CFLs or LEDs for your indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Dusty or grimy light bulbs can reduce light output substantially; give them an occasional wipe to maintain peak performance.
- Timers, photo cells and occupancy sensors will reduce the total amount of time your lights are in use.
- Replace old appliances with energy efficient units such as Energy Star labels.